Thursday, September 2, 2010

BALANCE at Claremorris 2009

It seems so long ago, but it was very enjoyable when it was happening.
Looking at the audience, and the amount of participation - I think it was nineteen individuals who took part in the various tasks such as throwing dice, putting the glasses in place, or using their sticks to introduce more instability and unpredictability to the process. For myself, I was delighted that my wished for outcome happened - the time could have run out, or dice could have been predictable - but instead it was the built-in technical instability of the chains that failed in the end, precipitated by one of the sticks I suspect. That's what made it so delightful - even the analysis is uncertain.

Not very fancy, but gives an impression of what it is like. Note the variation in sound and light achieved using a wii controller concealed in the end of the bamboo cane.
Credits to all who helped with this project Joey Cleary on camera, Ben Gaulon helped with the wii stuff, and Tony Cleary helped construct the set.
Thanks everyone.

Sorry that the clip of the little girl is in the wrong place. Maybe I will sort it out some day.

No comments: